Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome to the Writing Center at Sheridan College!
Need writing assistance? Need a lab report checked? Help with APA or MLA formatting?
The Writing Center is here for you! Meet with a consultant to work on any of the following:
> Thesis Development > Essay Organization > Brainstorming > Resumes > MLA & APA Citations/Formatting
> SO MUCH MORE!
Make an Appointment
Click the link to register an account or login to our appointment system. Choose to view the Writing Center schedule to see appointment availability.
Fall 2021 HOURS
Offering In-Person, limited Zoom, and Feedback-by-Email appointments
Tips & Tricks
Want to know some tips for visiting the Writing Center?
Look no further!
In-Person Appointments—When you want to meet in real life:
- Masks are encouraged for tutors and students meeting in the Writing Center.
- If possible, bring 2 hard copies of your draft, or be able to share/email your assignment with your tutor.
Online Zoom Appointments—When you want to in real time but at a distance:
- Make sure you select “Yes, Schedule Online appointment” under the “Meet Online?” section when you create your appointment.
- The Zoom meeting link will be found in your scheduled appointment slot. Click on the Zoom icon under your tutor's bio and wait for your consultant to admit you to the meeting.
- Upload your assignment/draft to your session in Appointment Assistant to allow your tutor to view your paper easier and save you time later.
Feedback-By-Emails (eTutoring) Appointments—When you cannot meet in real-time but still want writing suggestions:
- Make sure you have your draft and the assignment guidelines uploaded to your appointment timeslot! This will ensure a timely return
- Make sure you have time to wait for feedback to be returned to you! It can take up to 48 hours to receive revision suggestions from a tutor.
Click on the PowerPoint document below for detailed instructions on navigating our new online appointment options (last updated Spring 2020):
Citations & Formatting
Citation assistance with all styles and media. Create an account and save time and effort!
Export citations from databases
The Writing Center’s ongoing project is to provide handouts (links below) with explanations on a variety of writing topics. Stop by often as this project continues to grow!